With the holidays around the corner, everyone is in a jolly good mood, but nothing brings a mood down more than an unexpected disaster.
Studies show more than 200 house fires start with Christmas trees each year. Protect your home and family with these following tips.
- If you have an artificial tree, make sure it’s labeled by the manufacturer as fire retardant.
- For real trees, choose a tree with fresh needles. Make sure they don’t fall off when touched.
- Trees should be at least three feet away from any heat source.
- Don’t forget to add water daily! Dryness is a big reason for tree fires.
- When lighting the tree, make sure you check the label of the lights. Some lights are designated only for indoor or outdoor use, not both.
- Never use lit candles to decorate your Christmas tree.
- Get rid of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried trees should be left in the home, garage or outside against the home.
- As always, be sure to turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving your home or going to bed.
This is why it’s so important to have your home and its contents insured for the right amount reflecting the actual cost to rebuild the entire structure and replace all of its contents. For more information, speak with an agent today on finding the right coverage for your home.
For more tips on taking care of Christmas trees and preventing fires, click here.
As one of Florida’s top 10 largest home insurers, Florida Peninsula Insurance knows the importance of keeping you and your family safe. Our Florida homeowners insurance policies are not bare-bones. They are comprehensive –giving you and your family the confidence you will be covered in the event you have a claim. We strive to provide efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind protection for our policyholders. This is why Florida Peninsula is one of Florida’s largest home insurers, providing the insurance you need at a fair price. To learn more about the Florida Peninsula experience, please contact (866) 846-3060 or visit the “GET A QUOTE NOW” section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people