The 4th of July is a great day to spend with your family and friends celebrating our country's independence. Along with the BBQ's, fireworks are a popular way to celebrate our nation's freedom. What can be a great day; can turn dangerous when fireworks are used improperly.
According to CFO Jeff Atwater, Florida firefighters responded to 200 incidents related to fireworks last year. To ensure your family and friends stay safe this holiday weekend, please keep the following tips in mind.
- Contact your local officials to make sure your community does not have an imposed ban on private fireworks.
- Only use legal and approved fireworks purchased from licensed vendors.
- Use fireworks on non-flammable surfaces such as concrete, or sand.
- Have a fire extinguisher or water hose readily available.
- Be safe and not sorry. Attend a public fireworks show instead of hosting your own.
Florida Peninsula wishes you a very happy and safe Independence Day.
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
is one of Florida's leading homeowners insurance companies, insuring more than 130,000 homes located in cities
like Orlando, Tallahassee, Fort Myers, Panama City, Port St. Lucie and Pensacola. We strive to provide Florida homeowners with fast, fair, friendly service insuring their homes at competitive rates.
Currently rated by 0 people