In the event of an emergency, having an up-to-date home inventory can help you get your insurance claim settled faster.
Here are a few tips to help you get started on your home inventory.
• GET STARTED! Creating a list of everything in your home may seem like an intimidating task but once you get started, it’ll become easier to add to your list. Start with the most recent purchases and then work backwards from there.
• Check with your insurance agent on valuable items such as jewelry, art work and collectibles. These items may increase in value over time or they may need to be insured separately.
• Document your inventory with pictures or videos. On the back of photos, make notes about the item. If you choose the video route, do a walkthrough of your property while describing the contents.
• Store your inventory in a safe place. Having an inventory is just the first step. You need to be able to get to it in case of an emergency.
• Always update your inventory whenever you make big purchases.
For more information about a home inventory and how to document your belongings, click here.
If you are in the market for a new home insurance policy, we encourage you to consider Florida Peninsula Insurance Company as your preferred Florida home insurance company. Not only do we provide some of the most comprehensive homeowners insurance policies that protect you and your family when you need it most, we also offer great insurance rates to home and condo owners as well as those living in apartments with our renters insurance. You can’t go wrong with Florida Peninsula. You’ll be impressed with our fast, fair and friendly customer service and claims processing, all at great rates. We invite you to experience the Florida Peninsula difference. Come visit our website to learn more or to “GET A QUOTE NOW” section of the website.
Currently rated by 0 people