Installing a security system for your home can be expensive, however there are simple ways that you can burglar-proof your home without breaking the bank.
Take a look at these quick and easy things you can do to keep your home protected.
- Never leave spare keys under doormats, mailboxes or on top of the doorframe. Those are the most common places for homeowners to put spare keys; therefore those are the first places that thieves know to look.
- If you’re leaving your home for an extended period of time, make it look like someone is home. Set timers for your lights or television. Or have a close friend or family member stay in your house while you are away.
- Never leave a note saying you are away. You might as well write, “Please come rob me. No one is here to stop you.”
- On the same note, ask a neighbor or friend to collect your mail and newspapers while you are gone. Nothing says empty home like a pile of newspapers at the door.
- Put a piece of wood or a metal rod along the bottom tracks of windows or sliding doors. This prevents the door/window from opening on the outside.
- Install motion-sensor lights at the door of your home. Thieves tend to avoid homes with bright lights that draw extra attention to them.
- Keep your garage door closed, no matter how safe you think your community is.
- Plan to “self-burglarize” your home. You’ll notice ways that real thieves can get into your house.
For more ways to secure your home from burglars, click here
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
our aim is to combine the latest technology with old-fashioned courtesy and customer service. As one of Florida’s top homeowners insurance
companies, we strive to provide efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind home insurance protection for our policyholders. To learn more about Florida Peninsula , please give us a call for a home insurance quote at (866) 846-3060 or visit the “GET A QUOTE NOW ”
section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people