With Halloween just a few days away, and last minute plans taking effect, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company wants to share some safety tips to provide you and your family with a fun, and safe, Halloween night.
- When Trick or Treating in the evening it is important to dress in costumes that are bright and reflective to make sure drivers can see you and your children.
- To avoid tripping and entanglement make sure your costumes fit well.
- If your child’s costume comes with a knife, stick or cane, make sure that the object isn’t sharp, as it may be a hazard if the child trips on it.
- Never allow small children to carve pumpkins. Instead, let the children draw on them with markers.
- Instead of a candle to light your pumpkin, use a flashlight or flameless tea lights to prevent a fire hazard.
- Candlelit pumpkins should be placed on a sturdy surface, away from curtains and other flammable objects and should never be left unattended.
- Keep your home safe for Trick or Treaters. Make sure to remove anything that children can trip over in the front yard. This includes hoses, toys, bikes and yard decorations.
- Parents should also check the outside lights and replace bulbs if needed
- It is also important to restrain pets so that they don’t jump on or bite anyone who knocks on the door.
For more information, please go to the American Academy of Pediatrics website
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is job one at Florida Peninsula Insurance Company. We are one of Florida’s largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos and contents coverage in the form of renters insurance. For more information or to GET A QUOTE NOW, please call (877) 229-2244 or visit the “GET A QUOTE NOW” section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people