With summer right around the corner, people are preparing for vacation. While you’re enjoying your vacation, the last thing you want to worry about is someone burglarizing your home.
Keep these tips in mind if you’re planning on taking a vacation:
- Don’t publicize your vacation ahead of time. Don’t announce your absence on answering machines or on social networking websites.
- Make sure all locks are in good working condition. Also, never leave a house key hidden outside your home.
- Ask a neighbor to occasionally park in your driveway. Vehicles parked outside should be moved occasionally to appear as if they are being used.
- Also ask a neighbor to collect your newspaper and mail so it won’t appear the house is empty. Ask your neighbor to keep an eye on your house. Leave emergency contact information for them in case they need to contact you.
- Set automatic times on several lights and a radio/TV. Set them so they will turn on and off at random times.
There’s no foolproof way to keep burglars from your home, but these are a couple extra precautions to take note of before you leave for a vacation.
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is job one at Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
. We are one of Florida’s largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos and contents coverage in the form of renters insurance. The company insures more than 120,000 homes, condo and apartment units located throughout the state. For more information, please call (866) 846-3060 or visit the “GET A QUOTE NOW
” section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people