As Tropical Storm Alberto swirls off the coast of South Carolina it reminds us, hurricane season is rapidly approaching. Have you taken the correct precautions to prepare your family, home and belongings?
Here are a few tips for a pre-hurricane checklist:
- Make sure you have plenty of batteries and a battery-operated radio/television
- Battery operated lanterns and flashlights for the whole family—including extra light bulbs
- Duct tape
- Plenty of water bottles, a folding stove and oven mitts
- Fire extinguishers, chainsaw and wrenches (just in case)
- Plastic bags with ties to protect important items like pictures, documents, clothes, pillows, etc.
- Paper towels, bowls, plates, cups, soap, utensils, etc.
- Toilet paper and personal hygiene supplies
- Matches and camera film
- Ice chests or coolers for food storage, as well as canned goods
- Pet supplies and baby supplies, if needed.
- Bug spray
- Bread, crackers, cereal, dried fruits and nuts, etc.
- Vitamins and medications
The items above are very important—as well as anything you may need which may be important to you but we did not mention. It is important to not wait until the last minute with hurricane preparations. Many people will be scrambling and you do not want to be one of those people, you should feel comfortable before the storm hits.
Other important things to remember are keeping cash handy as well as important numbers and paperwork, in case places are closed and things are needed. Hurricane season is never fun but with these tips it can be safely managed.
Keeping your home safe and protected in the event of a hurricane or accident is important to you and your family. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company wants to be your Florida homeowners insurance company. Whether you live in South Florida, the Gulf Coast, North Florida or the greater Orlando area, you will be confident we will be there when you need us – with our industry leading fast, friendly claims processing and customer service. You can “GET A QUOTE NOW” by visiting our website now.
Currently rated by 0 people