Living in Florida, we are no strangers to the heat. However, the heat and humidity tend to rise over the summer months. Florida’s temperatures in 2017 were the hottest on record in Florida. In fact, Orlando has experienced record-breaking temperatures for the past three years, according to Orlando Sentinel. Florida’s heat and humidity can be dangerous, and even deadly if you do not take proper precautions. As temperatures begin to climb, consider these 5 tips to beat the heat this summer:
1. Stay out of the heat: Try to stay indoors and avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
2. Drink plenty of water: Although it is important to stay hydrated all through the year, be sure to drink lots of water during the summer months. Should you experience any dizziness, cramps, or nausea due to the heat, replenish with some sports drinks containing electrolytes to help relieve those symptoms.
3. Keep it cool: Wear light clothing and sleep with lightweight, breathable covers.
4. Everyone out of the car: Never leave a person or pet in the car in hot conditions. Read our blog on the Dangers of Leaving Children and Pets in Hot Cars.
5. Seek medical care: Should you begin experiencing any symptoms associated with heat-related illnesses such as heat cramps, heat exhaustion, or heat stroke, seek medical attention right away.
For more information on heat safety, click here.
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, we provide our insureds with a coverage rich policy, as well as offer flood protection while partnering with insurance professionals throughout the State who can ensure you have the coverage you need. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please contact us at (877) 229-2244 or visit the Get a Quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people