Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy your family, friends, and a delicious feast. A Thanksgiving meal can be a lot of work for a host, and if proper cooking safety precautions are not in place, a day of thanks can turn into a disaster. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires. To ensure a fulfilling and safe thanksgiving for you and your guests, we would like to remind you of these cooking safety tips:
- Never leave the kitchen unattended when you are cooking, and always keep an eye on your food.
- Stay at home while cooking your turkey and other meals in the oven and check them frequently.
- Keep children and pets away from hot appliances, foods, and liquids.
- Should you be deep frying your turkey, be sure your fryer is used outdoors and away from buildings and flammable materials.
- After working with raw poultry and meat, be sure to wash your hands and works surfaces.
- Cook turkeys and other meals to their proper temperatures.
- Be sure to consume or freeze refrigerated leftovers within 3 to 4 days of your Thanksgiving meal.
For more Thanksgiving safety tips, click here. From our Florida Peninsula Family to yours, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
Thank you for visiting our blog. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies. Our cutting-edge technology combined with old-fashioned values enables us to provide outstanding customer service and claims processing. To obtain a free renters insurance quote, please call (877) 229-2244 or get a free personalized quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people