New Year’s Eve is a popular day for fireworks displays, as everyone enjoys blasting off into the new year. As fun as setting off your own fireworks display can be, it could easily become dangerous should safety precautions not be in place. Fireworks used incorrectly can lead to some serious injuries. In preparation for your upcoming New Year’s celebrations, Florida Peninsula would like to share the following fireworks safety tips:
- Obey your local laws. If fireworks are illegal where you live, do not use them.
- Designate a responsible adult to set off fireworks.
- Always place fireworks on a level non-flammable surface.
- Shoot fireworks off in an open area, away from spectators and flammable materials.
- Do not point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Adults should supervise young children around fireworks and sparklers.
- Avoid re-lighting or picking up fireworks which have failed to ignite.
- Light fireworks one at a time and move away quickly.
- Douse used fireworks with water before discarding.
If you are unsure about how to use your fireworks before setting them off, take a moment to do some research and read the fireworks instructions carefully to prevent any accidents. Another option is to leave it to the professionals and attend a public firework show. For more fireworks safety tips, click here. We hope you will take our suggestions into consideration to be on your way to a safe 2019.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies. Our cutting-edge technology combined with old-fashioned values enables us to provide outstanding customer service and claims processing. To obtain a free renters insurance quote, please call (877) 229-2244 or get a free personalized quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people