Spring is here, which means it is time for a good spring clean. For many, spring cleaning can be quite a dreadful task. However, it is worth doing to keep your home and family safe, clean, healthy, and organized. Here are some tips to make your spring clean a breeze.
- De-Clutter: Now is the time to go through the cupboards, pantry, drawers, and cabinets in your home to clear out any expired or unwanted items. It is easy for old or expired items to go unnoticed, so take the time to sort through your belongings and re-organize.
- Tackle the refrigerator: This means the inside and the outside. The best thing to do is to remove all items in your refrigerator, along with the drawers and shelves to deep clean everything individually. Before putting the items back in, clean the surfaces which cannot be removed with a sponge.
- Clean the windows: Windows are one of the many areas in your home which go unnoticed year-round. Cleaning each window in the house, inside and out, may seem time-consuming, but doing so will make your home sparkle.
- Deep clean your oven and dishwasher: After cooking many meals, food may get stuck to the inside if your oven which continues to burn every time you turn it on. With just a bit of baking soda and white vinegar, it should be easy to scrub off the cooked-on mess. As for your dishwasher, after you’ve cleared any food pieces from the bottom, run an empty cycle with a dishwasher safe cleanser.
- Steam clean your carpets: The choice to bring in a professional or to handle the task yourself is ultimately yours, but it is best to deep clean your carpets 3-4 times a year. Even though your carpet may appear to be clean, they are proven to hold a lot of bacteria and dirt, especially from shoes.
When you complete your spring cleaning, make sure you do a complete walk-around in your home and focus on areas you usually wouldn’t clean. Get your cleaning done quicker by making it a family event and assign each person a different task. If you are looking to organize during your spring clean, check out our blog for some tips. Happy cleaning!
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, we provide our insureds with a coverage rich policy, while partnering with insurance professionals throughout the State who can ensure you have the coverage you need. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please contact us at (877) 229-2244 or visit the Get a Quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people