On May 4th, World Password Day, Florida Peninsula would like to take a moment to remind you of the importance of keeping your passwords safe, secure, and complex. In our ever-growing and changing internet-based world, it is important to keep your personal information as secure as possible. Cyber-crime continues to be a growing issue around the world, and one of the fastest growing crimes in the United States. Having complex and hard-to-crack passwords is your first line of defense against criminals and identity theft.
If “password” is your password, now is the time to change it. Here are a few tips for keeping your passwords secure:
· Use different passwords for each of your accounts.
· Always sign-out of devices and accounts when not in use.
· Do not share your password with others.
· Make your passwords longer and use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters throughout.
· Avoid entering passwords on computers on unsecured Wi-Fi networks including coffee shops and airports.
· Change your passwords frequently.
We hope you keep these tips in mind to keep your passwords and personal information as safe as possible. For more information on password safety, click here.
As one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, Florida Peninsula provides our policyholders with robust coverage options, as well as offering flood protection and partnering with local insurance professionals throughout the state who can ensure you have the coverages you need. If you are in the market for a homeowners insurance quote, give us a call at (877) 229-2244 or get a quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people