Did you know, water damage is one of the most costly and common disasters which can occur in your home? Each year, plumbing issues lead to millions of dollars in damages. According to Plumbing Dynamics, a pipe leak with the thickness of a dime can result in 6,300 gallons of water waste per month. Common plumbing issues include dripping faucets, low water pressure, running toilet, leaky pipes, or slow or clogged drains. Taking steps to avoid plumbing issues can be quite simple, consider a few of these tips:
· Do not flush items such as wipes, floss, hair, contacts, and other items, which could provoke clogs.
· Fix leaks immediately, no matter how small.
· Make sure you do not over-tighten fittings.
· Use plumber’s tape to prevent leaks around fittings and joints.
· Check for leaks frequently before they escalate and end up costing a lot of money to fix.
These tips will help you save water and money through preventing leaks, as well as a variety of other plumbing issues. For more information regarding plumbing tips, click here. In the unfortunate case your home falls victim to a plumbing issue, be sure to call a professional right away.
As one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, Florida Peninsula provides our policyholders with robust coverage options, as well as offering flood protection and partnering with local insurance professionals throughout the state who can ensure you have the coverages you need. If you are in the market for a homeowners insurance quote, give us a call at (877) 229-2244 or get a quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people