According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the average family spends about $1,900 a year on home utility bills. Of that amount, a large portion of the energy is wasted. Making your home more energy efficient can be a big job, but with these quick tips, you can start cutting your energy bill down.
- Install a programmable thermostat to keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Plug home electronics into power strips, and turn the power strips off when not in use.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use. Not only will this save energy, it can also prolong the life of your computer.
- Set your hot water heater to 120F. Water heating accounts for nearly 13 percent of home energy costs.
- Always buy ENERGY STAR-qualified appliances. They’re up to 40 percent more efficient than appliances that aren’t qualified.
- Replace standard light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
- Use ceiling fans to keep your house cool, as opposed to lowering the thermostat.
For more ways to save money on your utility bills, click here
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
our aim is to combine the latest technology with old-fashioned courtesy and customer service. As one of Florida’s top homeowners insurance
companies, we strive to provide efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind home insurance protection for our policyholders. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please give us a call for a home insurance quote at (866) 846-3060 or visit “GET A QUOTE NOW
Currently rated by 0 people