Fire safety is important at any age. Unfortunately, seniors are twice as likely to suffer injuries from fires as the general population.
Sit down with your family and discuss some fire prevention tips. When it comes to keeping your loved ones safe, a little precaution can go a long way.
- Make a schedule to have your smoke alarms tested monthly. Make sure to have at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home and inside/near your sleeping areas.
- Make sure you hear the smoke alarm even if you’re sleeping. If you, or a family member, are hard of hearing, get special alarms with flashing lights or vibrations.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke alarms at least one a year or whenever the smoke alarm signals low in battery.
- New smoke alarms should be installed at least every 10 years.
- Plan a home escape route. Know how to get out of every room in case of a fire.
- When cooking, always stay in the kitchen when the stove is on. Use oven mitts when handling hot kitchenware.
- If possible, have a fire sprinkler system installed in your home.
As one of Florida’s top 10 largest home insurers, Florida Peninsula Insurance
knows the importance of keeping you and your family safe. Our Florida homeowners insurance
policies are not bare-bones. They are comprehensive –giving you and your family the confidence you will be covered in the event you have a claim. We strive to provide efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind protection for our policyholders. This is why Florida
Peninsula is one of Florida’s largest home insurers, providing the insurance you need at a fair price. To learn more about the Florida Peninsula experience, please contact (866) 846-3060 or “GET A QUOTE NOW.”
Currently rated by 0 people