The three day weekend we have all been waiting for is only a few days away—Labor Day! As we enjoy the day off with family and friends, and most likely a barbeque, we want to remind you of some safety tips when barbequing to have the most enjoyable, and safest, Labor Day possible according to the New York City Fire Department.
Before using your grill:
• Check the tubes which lead into the burner for any blockage from insects or food grease. Push any blockage through to the main part of the burner.
• Inspect the propane hoses for cracking, brittleness, holes and leaks. NEVER use a flame to check for gas leaks.
• Inspect the propane tank. If it has dents, gouges, bulges, corrosion, leakage, or excessive rust, return the tank to the propane gas distributor.
• Move propane hoses as far as possible from hot surfaces and dripping grease.
• Have a qualified repair-person make all repairs – do not attempt it yourself.
For more grill safety tips, click here.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida’s leading homeowners insurance companies, insuring more than 130,000 homes located in cities like Jacksonville, Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.
Currently rated by 0 people