The aftermath of a storm can be a harmful and stressful time for us all. Knowing what to do post-Hurricane Irma can drastically reduce your risk of harm, and accelerate the recovery process.
As we all begin the rebuilding process, Florida Peninsula offers the following safety tips and information:
- Avoid downed power lines, sharp objects, and dangerous debris. They are the most common culprits for injury.
- Prior to cleanup, take photos or video of damages to expedite the claims process. Please notify Florida Peninsula of damage as soon as possible by calling 866-549-9672.
- If safe to do so, make temporary repairs to your home to prevent further damage.
- When beginning the cleanup process, practice caution, and wear protective clothing and eye wear.
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning poses as a severe danger after the storm. Be sure portable generators are outside, and at least 20 feet away from doors and windows.
- If you are without power, do not use candles, lighters, or matches. Open flames could ignite if there is a gas or propane leak. Use flashlights and battery-operated light sources instead.
Understand, the recovery process takes time. Being patient and staying positive during these hard times after the storm can make a difference.
Our claims representatives stand ready to assist our policyholders with the recovery process from Hurricane Irma. To report your claim, please call 877-994-8368.
Florida Peninsula Insurance Company's top priority is the safety of our customers. We strive to provide efficient, cost-effective, peace-of-mind protection for our policyholders. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please contact (877) 229-2244 or visit the Get a Quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 1 people